Thursday, April 5, 2018

Liz Metallic Steel Blue


I think I've changed my mind about my favorite color of Liz Metallic.


I love the way Steel Blue looks tatted up! Can I have two favorite colors? Sure I can!

I also have many favorite tatting shuttles, including this wonderful little shuttle from Grizzly Mountain Arts. I know I've said it before, but I really do think that flat shuttles are the way to go with metallic threads.


I mind another lined drawstring bag today. This is my third bag in this size. I'm sure I could have figured out how to make bags in a variety of sizes, but I chose to purchase the pattern from Jeni Baker instead. Her pattern includes the directions for 8 sizes of bags, and it's only $9. Yes, I could have chosen to make just the one size, but I like to support designers so that they will keep on designing. I think I may have to visit Jeni's blog more often!

3 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful Ice Drop and bag!! :)
    Your should make some of your woven bands for your draw strings. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought of that! Right now, I'm trying to perfect the pattern, and I need to figure out if the woven bands will hold up to all that rubbing of fabric against fabric.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous thread, I love this metallic thread but as yet not found anyone selling it in the UK
    Lovely drawstring bag, I have one similar to it to keep my tatting in it

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!