Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Shopping spree!

Although my friend Denise and I live only about three miles from each other, we really don't get together very often. Denise is busy with multiple volunteer activities, and I stay pretty busy subbing. However, we both had today free, so we went shopping!

First, we went to lunch at a little diner that Denise had not been to before. She had blue gill bites and I had a BLT wrap... yum! Next, we dropped off one of my sewing machines for cleaning. We then headed to JoAnn Fabrics... a very dangerous place! Fat quarters were on sale for 99 cents, so I loaded up with pieces for my sewing students. I also found some cute sewing themed fabric that I plan to use for dust covers for the machines I have sitting out. Yes, I said machines!

When we finished up at JoAnn's, we headed to Walmart. Denise told me about Mandala yarn a few weeks ago, and I started a shawl.


I haven't worked on it in over a week, but I was inspired by all the pretty colors I saw at Walmart. There was a bonus... the yarn was on sale for less than $4 per ball!

After I dropped Denise off, I headed to the grocery store for some much needed basics. It was very strange that I was driving through a heavy snow squall. Now we have some snow on the ground, but it will all melt tomorrow.


Despite the busy-ness of the day, I did manage to tat an Ice Drop. Yes, it has lots of frills, just as daughter Joanne likes!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful shawl!! :)
    Pretty Ice Drop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun shopping trip. I’ve been seeing mandala yarn online, looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would like to come shopping with you, your shopping is a lot more interesting than mine
    Gorgeous ice drop and shuttle

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!