Friday, May 12, 2017

The pattern or the weaver?

I finished my pink and black band tonight, and I can tell that I still have a lot to learn!


The top section shows the beginning of the band, which is very loose and untidy. The bottom part is tighter and almost looks puffy. Obviously, I don't have the tension part down yet!


Maybe I didn't follow the pattern correctly. The blue band had a definite pattern on the back, but this one does not. Did I do something wrong? I'll have to talk it over with Mom in the morning and see what she thinks.


I also tatted three more Ice Drops today. I'm getting close to the end of my ball of thread. It will be fun to see how many more I can tat from this ball of Spring Garden!

9 comments:

  1. To me you seem to be achieving the impossible anyway. I'm sure you'll get the better of it in time. Remember the early days of tatting? Well, I can't as it's such a long time ago but I'm sure that wasn't easy over tension either!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I do remember those early days of tatting! I'm sure I'll look back on this experience and wonder what all the fuss was about!

      Delete
  2. Your pink band look pretty I am sure given a little time it will be perfect,
    Another set of beautiful ice drops

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your band still looks nice!! :)
    More great Ice Drops!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see the difference between the two. Which means you are improving! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel like I'm improving, although at times it seems like two steps forward, one step back. :-)

      Delete
  5. Except for the start, you have woven an excellent band with striking colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the colors. I really think the polyester thread made it more difficult. I'm going back to cotton for now!

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!