Thursday, February 2, 2017

Yesterday was a sub day, so I didn't have much time for tatting. I'm pretty happy with the two projects I'm working on right now, because I feel like I'm really making headway when I complete just one part.

Eightsome Reel from A Pattern Book of Tatting by Mary Konior 
I successfully added another motif to my Eightsome Reel mat. Each motif takes me about an hour to tat, and 75 wraps around the post of the shuttle is enough thread for one motif. Yes, there's a little bit left over, but it's just enough to give me a little safety net and not so much that I feel like I'm wasting thread.

I put my new goldfish shuttle to use for this motif. This is a Moonlit shuttle, beautifully decorated by Rita Richmond of Shuttle by Design. Why in the world would I purchase decorated plastic shuttles when I've spent so much time blinging them myself? The answer is simple... I do enjoy blinging shuttles, but I can't paint to save my soul. Plus, I enjoy the creativity of others. I never could come up with all of the ideas I see!


I guess you've noticed a lot of pink lately... right, Michelle? ;-)


I'm not really a fan of pink, and I'm not really a fan of Valentine's Day. However, I do have lots of thread, and charms, and ribbon. So, why not create Ice Drops that friends and family will enjoy? I'm still having great fun experimenting, and when I lay my Ice Drops out, it's fun to see that no two are exactly alike!

So, two simple projects (Eightsome Reel and Ice Drops) are keeping me a happy tatter. Each takes me about an hour to complete, and these two patterns are keeping me a happy tatter!

7 comments:

  1. What better way is there to stay happy & occupied, pray tell me ;-P
    Enjoying your tatting trips (no pun intended), though haven't been able to leave a comment always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your moving right along with the reel...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink, pink, pink! I think you might be one of the best models for retirement that I've ever seen. The runner will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun you are able to sub from time to time. Tatting can be quite relaxing...I have heard. Love both your projects. Pink is very Pretty and girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is nice to have projects where there are goals quickly reached. They give a wonderful sense of accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The runner is looking lovely, I like the way the colours on the thread will work.
    I love your pink ice drop, I know blue is your favourite but the pink is looking very pretty

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!