Sunday, July 17, 2016

Three times is the charm

Today was very busy! Right after breakfast, Dave went out to the garden to pick green beans. He also found a few cherry tomatoes and a cucumber.


It took a while to clean all those green beans, and I knew there were way too many for us to eat over the next few days. So, it was time to do some more canning!


I canned 16 pints of beans, froze 3 pints, and cooked up a pound of beans that we ate for lunch and dinner. Cooking is not my thing, but I carried on like I knew what I was doing, and now I'm ready to rest!


I made the mistake of trying to tat in between chores today. I should have stopped until I was finished dealing with veggies, but I tend to be a bit stubborn. I messed up on the third pass of Renulek's Snowflake Cappuccino. It just looked a mess, and rather than try and figure out what I did wrong, I snipped and started over.


I got stuck almost right away, so I snipped again.


The third time was the charm, and now I'm back on track! I'm using size 20 Lizbeth, Pineapple Parfait. I'm taking this one slowly!

7 comments:

  1. Your veggies look amazing! One of my favorite ways to make green beans is to roast the in the oven, they become sweet and are super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture of the veges! I sometimes make curried beans when there are a lot - canned in a curry sauce. I haven't heard of roasting them before, I might have to try Michelle's idea. Sounds like third time lucky for Cappuccino, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of healthy food there!! :)
    That snowflake is going to be like a shining star!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy fresh garden beans! Mine should be ready to eat in a week. I shall have to try them curried and oven roasted. Pineapple parfait is a pretty thread for a snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dearly love fresh green beans - can eat them for days. Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely fresh veg, much better than buying them in the shops
    I love that thread and it will look a beautiful snowflake

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed with your 'food prep' skills and admire the fact that you have a garden with such a great yield! My record of growing and keeping plants alive is not a good one, so I'm glad I don't have to rely on growing my own food! Enjoy your hard-earned bounty! :)

    And yet you keep 'tatting on', in spite of distractions and 'mistakes'!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!