Friday, June 5, 2015

Winding down

Today is the last day of school with the kids. Monday is teacher institute day, and then I'll be free to catch up on everything I've let slide!


My obsession with crocheted button flowers continues.


They're kind of like eating popcorn... I just can't stop! I think it's because they are so quick and easy.


I finished a blanket for daughter Joanne's baby girl, due in September. I've started another for baby boy. They're taking me much longer than they used to, but that's okay. I have a little time! The edge looks rippled now, but once the blankets are washed, they'll be nice and smooth.


Last night I started test tatting Robin Perfetti's "Noelle." It's such a pretty snowflake. I'm using size 20 Omega. This thread seems finer than size 20 Lizbeth, so it will be interesting to see the finished size.


5 comments:

  1. Great flowers and blanket!! :)
    I am sure that snowflake will be awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get so much done when school is in session that I wonder what you will accomplish when school is out! In the button photo it looks as though they're joined together. Would that be a possibility?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, I'm hoping to achieve a great deal this summer. I've neglected my house this school year, so getting it put back together is my first order of business! The buttons are not joined together, but I believe they could be. Somehow, I don't think they'd be as secure as Jane's pretty beaded button bracelets.

      Delete
  3. I'm still trying to figure out what I could use those buttons for :)
    The baby blanket is adorable - are you crocheting two pieces of flannel together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, I have lots of ideas for using the buttons, but I haven't had the time or inclination to try them out... yet! The receiving blankets are one layer of flannel. I use a wing needle in my sewing machine, no thread, and a basting stitch to pierce holes around the edge evenly. The edging is single crochet, chain one. I have added lace edging in the past to make it prettier, but the simple edging works great.

      Delete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!