Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Japanese tatting


Today I pulled one of my Japanese books off the shelf, Tatting Lace. I think this is the first time I've used this book. There are quite a few pretty patterns in here, and I decided to start with...


...another bookmark for daughter Carol. I was using up thread on two shuttles, so it's kind of short, but Carol likes it. This is an insertion pattern. I'm not sure I tatted it correctly. I don't read Japanese, so I was just looking at the diagram. I'm not sure I switched shuttles or reversed work correctly, but it still looks nice!


I also tatted this 3 1/2" motif. This one was very easy, and it's just the right size for a piece in my curio cabinet!


Joanne and I were working on organizing my sewing room. I found some socks that I had purchased specifically for adding crocheted edgings. I used to do this for my daughters and my older granddaughters, so why not for Sophia?


They're a hit! Sophia had to put them on before bedtime. I guess I'll do a few more sets just to keep her happy. ;-)

8 comments:

  1. It must be tricky to have to rely entirely on diagrams, but you've done a good job. Interesting how the motif starts off square and becomes round. Cutest socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do okay with diagrams once I understand how to read a designer's patterns, but it is difficult with an unfamiliar designer.

      Delete
  2. Those Japanese craft books are so beautiful to look at. Your tatting is sooo pretty, Diane...and those little socks for Sophia are precious! You'll have to make more in every color now!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love looking at them. Sophia has already picked out the next color. I guess I know what I'm doing tonight!

      Delete
  3. Tatting in another language, tricky stuff! But it looks great, I love the little motif.

    And the socks!! Wonderful!! Sophia sure has a great grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice bookmark and small doily!!! :)
    Cute sock edging!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little trim on the socks, such a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little socks they are a favorite :) and the book mark is a very unique style love it!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!