Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Why blog?

I blog to keep myself motivated. I've found that since I started blogging, I've accomplished much more than I used to. I also blog to keep a record of my accomplishments. It's easy to forget what has been made, especially since I give so much of my handwork as gifts. As a bonus, I receive comments from readers around the world. Knowing that there are others who enjoy connecting through technology just makes the whole blogging experience even more fun!

So what did I accomplish today?


I started my day off right by tatting two pattern repeats on the Jan Stawasz Masterpiece. Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying this pattern? ;-)


I decided to work on a few more headbands after school. These bright colors sure are popular among the kids!

Now I'm tired, so I think I'll turn in early... or maybe I'll do just a little more!

13 comments:

  1. Those headbands are such fun!

    Why blog? To entertain us all! with your adventures! : ))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The headbands are fun, Fox! If I could tat as fast as I crochet, they'd all have tatted button flowers. Maybe I'll do some experimenting with that when school gets out.

      Speaking of adventures... who would have ever thought you'd catch the doily bug? Thanks for leading me in to some patterns I might have only read about and then passed by!

      Delete
  2. You blog because those of us who don't, find it all so very inspiring! Please don't even think about stopping. I enjoy all of it - the tatting, the crocheting and weaving, and reading about your delightful third-graders and their progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen! I get inspiration from other blogs as well... especially when it comes to trying new designs or working with color.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you do blog! I agree with all you said about blogging. How many headbands have you made now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've lost count! I know I purchased a lot of 200. Maybe two dozen?

      Delete
  4. I agree with your thoughts on blogging, and what Fox said to keep us entertained, To read about life in other parts of world and be connected to other tatters who we will never meet. They do say you should never say never. I hope one day to get over the pond and meet you all, well I can dream.
    Headbands look amazing no wonder the kids love them
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are still busy!! :) Everything is still looking good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great, isn't it, to be able to go back and figure when you made something just by checking your blog? And getting to 'know' other tatters around the world. Thanks for broadening my world by having a blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone above. I am entertained and motivated to continue projects that never seem to end and blog about them too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too! :) Please don't stop. That Jan Stawasz doily is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing your beautiful work--it's a joy in a blog roll full of bad news!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!