Saturday, February 1, 2014

More Fancy Pants!

My third graders are having so much fun tatting, and I am experiencing the most enjoyable year of my teaching career!

Let's see if I can remember who each of these tatters is from her hands...

Brooke

Dylan

Shelby
I hope I remembered correctly! If I didn't, I'll make corrections after I see the girls on Monday. As you can see, Dylan and Shelby chose tatted motifs from Fox as their reward for tatting 6" of Fancy Pants. There are other third grade tatters who are getting very close to reaching their goal, so I decided to gather together some tatted motifs for them. I found quite a few in my tatting treasure box, but I also tatted some more motifs.


This is the first motif from Patti Duff's Minitats. I had planned to tat motifs from this book all weekend, but I took the book to school to show the kids, and I left it on my desk. Luckily, I have other books with patterns I love to tat!


This is the left bud fragment from Tatting with Visual Patterns by Mary Konior...


and this is the right bud fragment.


I also tatted Masquerade from the same book.

The kids really like my snowflakes, so maybe I'll tat some of those up this weekend. Teaching others is great motivation!

8 comments:

  1. You are having so much fun, and so am I seeing my little motifs now belonging to young new tatters!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun to look in on, the progress they are making is great! Those girls have made nice strips of tatting chains, they earned those motifs. Fox's are so very nice and quick thinking to send rewards, and the shuttles the children are using look beautiful I want one :)ha ha Did you say they decorated them!
    That last motif is so pretty I even have that book and got to try that one! I am so happy for you! the world is watching and happy too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to have to run to keep up! It all looks great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea to give them encouragement with little motifs when they reach a certain point.
    Keep up the good work
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Way to inspire the next generation of tatters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that feeling when you have passed on knowledge to others. So pleased that your students enjoy tatting and hopefully the motifs will inspire them to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are any male-students tatting? Are you in need of any 'bugs' tatted for the boys?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tatting class looks like fun from here!! :)
    Great motifs!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!