Monday, May 6, 2013

Look, Jane... split rings!


I know, there are only three of them, and they're not integral to the cross pattern, but I did tat three split rings!

I was trying to use up what I thought was a little bit of thread on my shuttles. I wanted to empty them and refill them so that the last round of Doily VI by Jan Stawasz would have no extra thread joins. Silly, I know, but that's the way I want it. Guess what? I think I have enough thread left for another cross!

Did you notice the two shuttles? Rachel, who does fabulous nail art, decorated them for me. She actually painted those designs on! They're not paper or fabric that has been decoupaged. It's actual art work!


Isn't this zebra stripe awesome? This is an altered Starlit shuttle... no pick tip!


I told Rachel to feel free to do her thing... one side, both sides... whatever she was inspired to do. I'm glad that she only decorated one side. The decorated side is so smooth, I'm afraid the shuttles would fly right out of my fingers if both sides were decorated!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely tatting and shuttles too.
    I don't like my shuttles flying off my hands as well. So, beautiful that they are, I am sticking to the un-dressed shuttles, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the split rings. They look very good. I like the look of the upscale tails that people have been doing on their bookmarks.

    Those are pretty shuttles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking and looking and hope to see more!!!! See - they're not really frightening, are they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cross and super shuttles!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for your split rings, you can do it! Fabulous high fashion designer shuttles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Diane, Courageous tatter that you are, I knew you could do it!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shuttles are too cool!
    Way to go on the split rings.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Split rings are one of my favorite techniques in tatting.

    Pretty shuttles!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!