Thursday, May 9, 2013

Grabbing tiny bits of time

This is Dave's busy time selling blooming tropical plants. I don't have a head for business, but I can alphabetize invoices and record payments, so that's how I spent my evening... not much time for tatting!


This is a picture of the cross from the December 1958 issue of The Workbasket. I will be tatting this one soon! I kind of like the squared off arms, different from the crosses I usually decide to make.


Yesterday morning I found time to begin the last round of Doily VI from Tatted Treasures by Jan Stawasz. I think it will go fairly quickly... once I get some time to tat!


One of my nightly routines is to soak my feet in Epsom salts after dinner. I find it really relaxes me. Maybe that's because I'm rooted to a chair and I have 20 minutes to call mine! One of my Origami pouches was sitting right next to me, so I opened it up and found another pink cross that I started a couple of weeks ago. What's a girl to do? I worked on the cross, of course!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice cross pattern! Can't wait to see it tatted up!! :)
    Am anxiously awaiting your finished doily picture!! :)
    That pink cross will be very pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the completed beauty!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like the squared-off cross and am surprised I haven't seen it before, at least that I remember. It's nice the way the ribbons can weave through, also. The Workbasket is a window into the past, especially for tatting. So many hidden patterns waiting to be rediscovered. I believe they didn't mention the designers for many years, which was also the norm for other publications at that time, which is sad.

    I can't believe how much progress you've made on Jan's doily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that will be a pretty cross. I like the looks of the one with the squared off corners too.
    The doily will be nice when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a nice cross pattern, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cross pattern,
    Can't wait to see it finished and you start the one in the picture.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your piece is looking beautiful as usual, Diane! Sending happy Mother's Day wishes to you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!