Thursday, December 20, 2012

Are you ready for this one?

Believe it or not...


I tatted a snowflake in white! Snow White, to be exact. This is size 20 Lizbeth #601. The pattern is my Doodad Snowflake #7.


It's already hanging on my little tabletop tree, and I love the way the white stands out against the green background! Who knew white could be so pretty? ;-)

Tatting Marie knows...


She sent me a photo of her fabulous Christmas tree filled with tatted snowflakes and ornaments, accented by a gorgeous tree skirt embellished with tatted angels. Unbelievably beautiful!

You'll never guess what came with this beautiful photo card. Come on... try! I'm not going to tell you. No, I'm not. You're going to have to see it to believe it...


Am I the luckiest girl in the world, or what? I am so thrilled to have this beautiful blue Christmas tree!


It looks wonderful with my Christmas tree display on top of our entertainment center. Thank you, Marie! I am over-the-moon with happiness!

10 comments:

  1. OOOOOOooooooOOOooOooo That is the prettiest tree full of tatting I have ever seen!!! LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing Marie's photo with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snowflake!! Love the long points with the doodad in the middle! They look great on your tree! I'll have to take some pictures of my snowflakes on our tree! I totally agree with Melissa! That Christmas tree covered in tatting is Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make so many pretty Snowflakes Diane, wonderful. The pretty blue tree looks lovely there and what a wonderful tree full of tatting that Marie has made.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, a white snowflake, it looks lovely on your tree. The snowflake card is wonderful! I love the beads on it. Thank you for sharing Marie's photo - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. White snowflake, I did not think you were doing white this year, it's looks gorgeous and what a beautiful tree,
    Your blue tree looks totally awesome I think that's what Americans say, she done a wonderful job on that card.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous tree! And your white snowflake is so pretty. That card is beautiful - wow! Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the 'Fantasy Tree' we all dream about - at least I do! It appears to be a VERY tall 'live' tree! I can't imagine redecorating a live tree every year with all those ornaments! Obviously a ladder is involved! Did she ever count the ornaments? That red tree skirt is the perfect 'accent' color in that room!

    Although it would be difficult to transport, this tree should be seen at 'Tree Festivals' or places (like museums) which have tree displays for the public! It's just magnificent and a fabulous display of tatted lace!

    It appears that Tatting-Marie doesn't have a blog, and I'd love to know more about her and how she accomplished this! I've seen her comments on tatting blogs.

    And how wonderful to receive a blue tatted tree from her! VERY special, and how clever with the tatted gifts underneath!

    And indeed, your white snowflake looks great against the tree branches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your snowflake looks really wonderful in white!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness at the snowflakes on Marie's tree. It is beautiful and the blue tree is beautiful too.
    Love your snowflakes with the light shinning on them.
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have loved every color you have tatted...however there is something pure just like snow about the white snowflakes. Heavenly, ethereal, perfect tatted snowflakes. Merry Christmas Blessings with Peace and Joy all of 2013...

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!