Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sulky Blendables #4012 ~ Baby Soft


I'm not a big fan of pastels, but I think this thread would be really pretty tatted up as trim for a baby bonnet or Christening gown. The Lily-of-theValley shuttle is one of my favorites from LaCossette.

I love Lily-of-the-Valley. My grandmother had a patch outside her front door in Philadelphia. The story is that Dad and his friends disassembled and reassembled a motorcycle in the yard, and Grandma could never get anything to grow there again, except for Lily-of-the-Valley.

My other Lily-of-the-Valley story involves a popular scent when I was in high school... Muguet du Bois. I worked at a local pharmacy, and purchased some because it was so popular among my friends. One night at dinner (I always sat on Dad's right), Dad became very upset because I smelled like cigarette butts! I was very much a good-two-shoes in school, and I was horrified that my dad thought I'd been smoking! We figured out that the lovely scent of Muguet du Bois did not react well with my body chemistry. So sad!


Believe it or not, I've lost some of these little Stumpy motifs, so I decided to make use of a little dish I purchased from Grizzly Mountain Arts. It's perfect!


I have another set of Stumpy motifs to send off to Chris & Erin Hinton at The Shuttle Shop. It's my understanding that Chris will soon be posting pictures of his Tatted Shuttles (shuttles with tatting encased in epoxy) that are ready for purchase. I wonder if my shuttle collection will increase? ; )

5 comments:

  1. Your tatting is exquisite! That shuttle is beautiful too. The more of her shuttles I see the more I want to order! One can never have too many beautiful shuttles. My special shuttles still have not arrived, I'm convinced they aren't going to anymore. :-(
    You're right about that thread, it would make a lovely bonnet or gown. I think it would also look nice to make little motifs out of it to put in the center of some squares on a baby quilt. I'm considering the idea that an epoxy shuttle (especially with one of your beautiful motifs in it!) would be a wonderful addition to my collection of shuttles. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, there's another one of those lovely shuttles, you choosed! Could imagine to use this pastell variagated thread with another color, soft green possible, or fresh green like the shuttle ;-)).

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!