Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Reconnected!

Talk about withdrawal! Keeping in touch with my blog buddies has become such a big part of my life, that I think I was suffering far more than I imagined possible with no Internet access from home for nine whole days!

Yes, I have been doing my best to keep up by using my smart phone, but it just isn't the same. I NEED my computer!

One advantage to being disconnected was that I did a lot of reading. I read the entire Hunger Games trilogy in eight days. What a great series! I didn't realize until we went Christmas shopping this past weekend that the series is being made into a movie. I'm usually disappointed with movies after reading books, but I'm sure looking forward to this one!


I received a lovely surprise from madtatter80 this past week. Isn't this a beautiful little case? And inside...


a hand carved Sea Turtle Shuttle! The detail is amazing!


I also finished a beaded bag for a teacher at school, who's getting married New Year's Eve. This isn't Jackie's bag. I forgot to take a picture of hers. This is the one I made for daughter Joanne's wedding in August 2010. Somehow, they each turn out a little differently!

I'm almost finished with Jackie's wedding hanky. I'll take a picture as soon as I've finished.

Today I was really excited to receive my Christmas shuttle from Chris and Erin Hinton at The Shuttle Shop!


Isn't it angelic? Sorry... I just couldn't resist! : )

8 comments:

  1. I love the sea turtle shuttle! What a lucky person you are to have that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shuttles! Glad you're back: I recently went 7 days without my satellite connection, so I sympathize and understand the withdrawal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are back online - hope it lasts this time!

    I love the sea turtle shuttle - it's just fabulous. Did Carollyn make it herself? It is a lovely addition to your collection for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're back! Those shuttles are both beautiful!!! I've never seen one made out of sea turtle shell before. I wish I could reach into the screen and feel it myself. Let us know how it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both shuttles are lovely! What kind of wood(s) are they?

    Welcome back to blogging! I admire your stamina - our Internet was out last spring for one whole evening, and I felt lost without it, but you lasted nine days! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Un placer ver que estás de nuevo aquí.Me encanta la lanzadera y el bolsos.Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Diane, everything is wonderful. The beaded bag is surely a treasure! And the Sea Turtle shuttle is awesome, how lucky you are!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!