Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Getting ready for a celebration!

We're getting close to 500 members at The Tatting Forums, and I decided that in celebration I'd tat up some stars! This one is my favorite from Kaye B. Judt's Oh My Stars! This is a great little book, and it teaches some wonderful techniques in very simple motifs. I haven't mastered all of them, in fact I haven't tried all of them! I guess I'll have to see how many I can make out of what's left of my Juicy Watermelon. After that, I'll have to decide how I'll use my stars... decorate a denim bag, a t-shirt, a scarf, a quilt top? How would you use your stars?

Pattern: "Gemini" from Oh My Stars! by Kaye B. Judt
Size 20 Lizbeth, Juicy Watermelon #156
Finished size 2 1/4"

7 comments:

  1. Five hundred! Wow - that's great!

    I use Kaye's book a lot when I forget a technique, as she very explains a whole lot of them so simply, in such understandable language in this little gem of a book.

    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful watermelon star!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had extra five-sided stars, I would stitch them together to make a larger design. (It is something I have been wanting to do, but haven't yet been focused enough to make multiple five-sided motifs.)

    You're almost out of Juicy Watermelon thread?!? And summer is right around the corner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It IS beautiful and does look like a Juicy Watermelon!
    I need to get that book...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felicidades por esos 500 seguidores, es un número muy grande, y sigue tejiendo cosas lindas con el hilo color sandía, quedan muy primaverales

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour of the thread and the star is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful this tatting and colour
    your work is very nice ' refined'

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!