Sunday, March 29, 2009

More tatting with Myra...


I couldn't help myself! Myra's patterns are like popcorn... I just can't stop! This is No. 2 Another "Hanky Edge" Snowflake from Tatting by Myra Piper. Can you tell what thread this is? Yup... Lizbeth Spring Green!

I took my Lacis bobbin lace kit out today and put all the pins in my little hedgehog pin cushion that I bought at the Lafayette Lacers Lace Days two years ago... I knew I'd find the perfect use for it! I read through the instruction sheet, but didn't get any further than reading. I have to choose fabric to cover the board, and I have too much fabric to choose from! I also spent time going through my new book, Bobbin Lace by Gilian Dye and Adrienne Thunder. It's a very inspirational book!

I almost forgot! This makes #17 for the 25 Motif Challenge!

6 comments:

  1. Like popcorn, but so many less calories, LOL! In fact, you probably burned a calorie or two just tatting it, LOL!

    It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane...best to go with a plain colour for your bobbin pillow ... most of us prefer mid to dark blue or green! Make your cover cloths with your "pretty" fabrics - you will soon learn what suits you! My fav thread (at the moment) came from my UK secret pal...here we can get plain old DMC perles and Coats crotchet threads...mostly the rest have to be ordered from else where, but I am really happy to discuss the prospect of an exchange :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, looks like I'll have to track this book down when I'm State side!! I love this design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Myra's little book too. When I want to tat and don't know what I want to tat, I pull this one out. Perfect little tats that satisfy the urge without making a commitment to a bigger project that I may not really want to do later. I know you didn't buy one of each of the lizbeth threads, but you could use a different color for every motif and still hae a ways to go. I couldn't believe how many colors were available! It was great to see you and I'm sorry I didn't get to visit more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Her patterns are really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty and that colour is gorgeous, no wonder you love it so much.
    Bobbin lace is fascinating but I cant remember from one lesson to another what to do, I have another lesson on saturday. I found it easy to learn from a book at my own pace...still can't remember it tho. It cant be allowed to take over from tatting.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!