Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Get right down to the real Knitty Gritty!


My scanner seems to have squealed its last squeal. For months, every time I scanned an image, I would hear an unearthly squeal. Well, now it's official. No more scans! I had to bring my tatted lace to school for a scan, and I'm blogging on my lunch break... ah! a new diet plan! I can't justify a new scanner at the moment. The copier and printer functions still work, so I'll either take pictures or scan at school.

Enough scanner woes... I finished tatting Mary Konior's Spinning Wheel last night in Marilee Rockley's Knitty Gritty, size 20. Yes, I'm still in love with this pattern! I have three more to go to finish my Christmas list. I'm tatting much slower these days, because I'm also knitting a shawl and a neck warmer. I have two baby quilts to finish, one in the next week, and one before Christmas. Why is it that my to-do list keeps on growing?

P.S. - I just looked at my blog. This scan is terrible! Knitty Gritty is one of the prettiest color combinations I have ever seen. Hopefully, I will get home early enough to take a picture in natural light of this beautiful glass mat.

P.P.S. - One skein of size 20 HDT will make this beauty with plenty to spare! I've lost count of how many I've made. Does that mean I've made too many? I think not! As for the scan... I looked at my blog at home and the colors looked fine. Of course, I always think my scans look better on my Mac at home than on my Dell at school. I think it must be a difference in the different monitors.

7 comments:

  1. THe knitty gritty colorway still looks pretty. You are a tatting and crafting christmas machine, Diane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! It sounds like there will be a lot of lucky recipients of your handmade beauties :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another pretty version of Spinning Wheel. I've got a skein of Knitty Gritty; it is a really pretty colourway. I think I'm going to have to make another one (or two, or ...) for gifts. Forgive me if you mentioned it already, but how much thread did you use for the doilies done in size 20? Is one skein of HDT enough? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you tat this pattern in your sleep now? I think this is a gorgeous color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Pretty! How many have you done now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, everyone! I hope the recipients like this one... maybe I should be sending them to my tatting buddies instead! ;)

    I think I keep forgetting to post that this takes less than one skein of HDT. It's the perfect pattern for trying out HDT in my humble opinion!

    How many have I made? I've lost count! 8 maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Diane. I'm with Tattingchic. You are a tatting and crafting Christmas machine!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!