Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Experimenting with color...


I bought these two threads, Guacamole and Citrus LIMON, from Sherry Pence aka LadyShuttleMaker a while back. I thought they would go well together, so I decided to use them on my newest Iris Niebach doily, Cornelia from Tatted Doilies. The rings are in Citrus LIMON, the chains in Guacamole. I'm not sure if my little experiment will work well, but if I don't try, who will?

Since I've already tatted Beatrice from this book, this doily won't count toward my personal challenge, but I don't care. I really like the concentration it takes for me to work on one of Iris's patterns. I tend to make many more mistakes when I think I have the pattern down pat!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. I have both of those colors but never thought of combining. It will be interesting to see how this comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Laura! I am excited to see how these come together!

    You are so awesome Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those colors compliment each other very well! Sherry, you make the prettiest thread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's magic, cant wait to see the doiley, have finished Beatrice and am hooked.Eleanora next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors seems to go well so far. I love making little motifs with the rings one color and chains another. It's kinda fun.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!