Thursday, March 6, 2008

Isabella's quilt



Mary Engelbreit is one of my favorite illustrators. So when I saw this pre-quilted panel, I knew it would be a fun project. I love giving these easy-to-do quilts as baby presents. Our pre-school teacher, Aimee, had her first child, Isabella, the end of December, and this quilt is for that adorable baby girl.

I started finishing these panels as baby gifts when I was expecting my daughter Carol, who will be 27 this summer. My, how time flies! Normally, I can finish one in one or two evenings while watching t.v. I started this one at 7 a.m. yesterday, and finished it at 5:30 p.m. Of course, this time included 15-20 minutes of exercise every hour, but I was still amazed at how long it took me! The good news (besides finishing one of my projects)... my fingers feel a little more flexible today!

The squares are little handkerchiefs for my grandson, Aidan. He doesn't like tissues, so I thought I'd see if some soft cotton hankies would suit him.

Two projects down, ??? to go!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I am so glad that you finally got to tat something! The quilt is lovely. You are a good friend and a good grandma.

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!