Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Yo-yos



With all the recent chatter about yo-yos, I decided to try one... yes, for the very first time! I never was impressed by yo-yos, and I still can't say that they thrill me, but with two granddaughters and quite a fabric stash, my mind has been reeling with possibilities... headbands, barrettes, little purses, scatter pins, bracelets. I didn't like the yo-yo by itself, so I added a button, then I decided to doozy it up with a little piece of tatting. I think Eva and Lily will love these little gems!

I've been working on a jeans purse for Joanne. I made the purse Saturday and have been tatting orange bits for decoration. Joanne says orange and blue are in this fall. I don't pay much attention to what's in or out, but I had orange on hand, so that's what she's getting. I'll post pictures when I finish it.

2 comments:

  1. This is very cute! I can totally see them as barrettes....but that's because I have barrettes on the brain lately...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the yo-yo's. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Just like you, I love getting feedback!